|How to make....|
You will need:
|You will need...|
50cm of 0.4mm thick wire
60cm of 0.6mm thick wire
A selection of beads (in a range of sizes)
A ring mandrel
1) Take a ring that fits you well (preferably one with a bit of space). Let it drop onto the ring mandrel and mark it with a pencil, this will be a guideline for your ring.
|Mark the ring mandrel to use as a guide|
2) Taking the 0.6mm wire, wrap it around the ring mandrel several times to create a ring. Once you have made the basic ring shape take one end of the wire and wrap it tightly around the wire ring four times, repeat this with the other end around a third way round the ring band. Cut the ends close to the band and using the pliers press the end into the band making sure any sharp edges are tucked in.
|Wrap 0.6mm wire around the ring mandrel at pencil mark|
|Secure it by wrapping the ends around the ring band|
3) Taking the 0.4mm, wrap one end at one of the ‘knots’ made on the ring band.
|Wrap one end of the 0.4mm wire at one of the 'knots'|
4) Once you have done this, thread one bead onto the wire then wrap the wire around the band once. Take another bead, then wrap the wire around the band again, repeat this until you reach the other ‘knot’.
|Thread beads onto the wire and then wrap the wire around the ring band|
|Continue adding beads|
5) Once you are happy with the arrangement of the beads, finish up by wrapping the end of the 0.4mm wire at one of the ‘knots’. Again taking the pliers, tuck any sharp edges of the wire into the ring band.